Completing an application for our Weekender programs is easily completed through the Campminder Weekender system! Please note that even if your child has attended camp or travel, you will have to create a new profile on Weekender’s Campminder system.
A new camper application for Weekender includes the following steps:
-Submitting the initial application on CampInTouch.
-Completing and/or submitting forms requested by Summit.
-Participating in a phone interview with the Area Director.
Once these steps are completed, the Area Director will reach the family to make an offer of acceptance to the program.
The first step: Submitting an initial application on the Campminder CampInTouch system.
- Follow our link to our summer programs application on CampInTouch.
- No matter which program you are interested in (which weekender/area), select “camper application”.
- Complete your initial parent information and create a password.
- Choose the season you are applying for (whether the weekend takes place in 2016 or 2017).
- Enter your child/teen’s basic information.
- Choose the session you are applying for. Note: Only sessions that your camper/traveler is eligible for by age will appear, so if you are not seeing any sessions/the session you want to apply for, please contact us to help address this issue.
- Provide some more specific details about your family- address, emergency contacts, etc.
- If you have a current photo of your camper, please submit it now. If not, please click “continue”, and submit a photo at a later date.
- On the payment page, first download and read the information for new applications. Then, you may select “check” or “credit card” to start your application process. In order to apply for Weekender, authorization for full payment must be given at the time of application. A full refund of the application deposit will be provided in the unusual circumstance we cannot meet the needs of the potential camper. Once enrolled, the deposit will be credited towards the cost of the program in full.
- -If you select “check”, please indicate that you have read the rates from the PDF document provided, select that you authorize us to process a payment in the amount of the Weekender(s) you are applying for, and select continue. You will then need to mail a check in this amount to us at our winter offices in Parsippany in order to begin the application process.
- -If you select “credit card”, please indicate that you have read the rates from the PDF document provided, select that you authorize us to process a payment in the amount of the cost of Weekender(s) you have applied for, and select continue.
- Once submitted, a page reviewing your family’s future balance will be displayed. Please simply scroll to the bottom and select either New Camper (check) or New Camper (CC). Consider this a “confirmation” page.
- On the final page, agree to the terms and conditions. Once you have agreed and click submit, your initial Weekender application is completed! You will receive a confirmation to the email address you used to apply.
- -If you authorized payment by credit card, the registrar will charge the deposit to this card within the next few business days, and you will receive a notification that you are now able to access all forms and documents.
- -If you authorized payment by check, the registrar will process your deposit once the check is received in our winter offices. Until the check is cleared, you will not have access to the forms and documents required for the application. Once the check arrives and clears, you will receive a notification you are able to access the forms.
If you are receiving subsidized payment from any other resource, including school district funding, scholarship, or likewise, you MUST contact us prior to submitting this part of the application.
The Second Step: Submitting documents.
- Once you receive an email from our Registrar indicating that your payment has been processed, you can access the necessary forms on Summit Weekender’s CampinTouch for Summit to begin the actual review of the Weekender application.
- Going back to the same location where you started your initial application, you can now log in to your CampInTouch under the link called “MyCampminder”. You may be asked to create some security questions and/or if you wish to change your password, this is normal.
- Once you have logged in successfully, you will be in your profile. To see any required forms, you will need to select the “Forms and documents” at the top of the page.
- When you enter you should see a number of forms and documents that you can complete. If not, make sure that you are in the correct season (2017) and not the former season (2016), as occasionally Campminder does load the prior season in error. Here you will find documents you need to complete on the computer, print out and submit, and items that you can download for your own benefit. Those which you need to do in order to submit application will say “required”.
- -If the icon next to the item looks like a computer screen or tv, this is a form that is completed or submitted completely online, such as uploading your campers’ photo.
- -If the icon looks like a bar code, this is a form you will download by clicking on it, print out, and give to the person/agency that best represents that area of your campers’ life. For Weekender, there is a form intended for your child/teen’s teacher and one for a clinician or social skills professional. If for any reason you do not have a person to complete any required form, please contact the Weekender Director. Email Sallyb@summitweekender.com.
- -If the icon looks like a paper/page with a folded corner, this is a PDF document you can download for your own use.
- After the educator form and other brief information is completed, either Sally Bell (NYC area weekenders) or Thea Mullis (DC area weekenders) will reach out to coordinate your phone interview.
The third step: Phone Interview.
- The Area Director will contact you in order to set a time for the phone interview.
- The phone call can include one or both guardians listed on the application.
- Expect the phone call to take about 1/2 hour in time.
- The interview will help identify your child/teen’s interests, strengths, and needs for support. It will also help determine who he/she might ‘bunk’ with on the upcoming Weekend!
- If the Area Director has any concerns or hesitation about your camper/travelers’ participation she will talk with you openly about these concerns.
After these steps are completed and the Area Director confirms that your child/teen is accepted for the Weekender program, you can prepare to participate in the upcoming Weekender program. Information on pick up/drop off, transport, site locations, and much more will be on the CampInTouch profile. Further, the Area Director will be sending out information and will be available for any questions leading up to the date.
While we hope this offers a lot of information and de-mystifies the Weekender application process, we know there are many unique circumstances. If there are absolutely any questions don’t hesitate to contact us up front or during the application process. Our goal is to make this process as smooth for the family as possible.